A curling wand, aka curling rod is a simple and quick way to achieve sexy curls and waves. Another great benefit of using a curling wand is there is no annoying kink left behind from a clamp!
How to Use a Curling Wand -
- Hold the curling rod so that the handle is above your head with the rod pointing downwards. Use your other hand to wrap sections of hair
around the barrel from the top to the bottom of the wand.
- For tight curls wrap small sections of hair tightly around the barrel of the wand and hold for a few seconds before releasing hair.
- For looser curls do the same as above but wrap wider sections of hair around the barrel.
- For a more modern hairstyle, leave a couple of inches near your roots straight and don’t wind the barrel up to the root.
- For a wavy hairstyle wrap sections of hair around the barrel loosely with spacing between the wrapped sections.
*The barrel size on your curling wand will determine the size of your curls just like a curling iron.